The St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission is the only non-profit, civic organization whose sole purpose is to aggressively market St. Louis as a desirable destination for conventions, meetings, family reunions and leisure visitors. The CVC encourages its members to grab their share of the more than $4.8 billion annually spent by 23.9 million annual visitors to St. Louis.
Membership in the CVC gives you the opportunity to utilize important marketing tools to help you successfully market your company to incoming groups and leisure visitors.
- Brochure Distribution – Members can display their 4” x 9” brochure at CVC Visitor Information Centers located at Kiener Plaza, St. Louis Union Station, America’s Center, both terminals at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport and Forest Park.
- Convention Calendar – Available online, the calendar provides members with valuable information on upcoming meetings, conventions, expositions and trade shows. This important marketing tool, when used correctly, can provide a new revenue source for member businesses. The Convention Calendar is stored in a password-protected, members-only section of the website.
- Group Tour Sales Leads – Members interested in the leisure group market (motorcoach tours, youth groups, military/family reunions) are sent group tour sales leads via e-mail that provide contact information, dates and group profiles. Members are encouraged to submit the appropriate e-mail address to the Group Tour Sales department to receive these leads.
- Hospitality Heroes Recognition Program – A frontline employee recognition program developed to reward exceptional service provided by hospitality industry employees. Nominees are recognized annually. To see a video of last year’s Super Heroes, click here.
- Information Sharing Sessions – Members may set up an Information Sharing Session with the Membership and Convention Services departments. The 15-minute session allows the member to familiarize these departments’ staff with their company and to ask questions about working with CVC staff.
- Membership Leads – When a convention or meeting planner requests a particular product or service, a member lead is generated. The entire CVC sales and services staff works in tandem with members to promote local purchases by out-of-town buyers. Leads are sent via e-mail. Members are encouraged to submit their e-mail address to the Membership department to receive these leads.
- Publications – Members receive listings in appropriate CVC publications such as the Official St. Louis Visitors Guide (385,000 produced each year), Official St. Louis Visitors Map and Group Tour Manual. The Official St. Louis Visitors Guide is the only local visitors publication that reaches St. Louis visitors before they arrive, when they’re making travel decisions. All members are listed in the online Membership Services Directory. Meeting and convention professionals, group tour planners and other customers in need of information regarding goods and services offered by CVC members are directed to the Membership Services Directory.
- Public Relations – The CVC Communications division works diligently to bring travel writers and reporters to the St. Louis area. Members are strongly encouraged to send information about happenings at their business to the PR staff for possible editorial inclusion in regional, national and international newspapers, magazines, web sites and television programs. Be sure to add the PR department to your press release list.
- Washington Avenue Concierge Desk – As an added benefit to restaurant members, the CVC operates the Washington Avenue Concierge Desk at America’s Center during mid-size to large conventions. Restaurant Member menus are on display and reservations can be made at the booth.
- Web Site & Social Media – Members receive a listing on the CVC web site, www.explorestlouis.com, under appropriate categories and a reciprocal link to the member’s web site. All web sites will be reviewed for appropriate content prior to publication on the CVC web site. The CVC web site welcomes more than more than three million unique visitors to the site each year. The CVC is also represented on Facebook and Twitter with more than 25,000 “likes” on Facebook and 20,000 plus followers on Twitter.
- Web Site Listing Enhancement – Members have the opportunity to enhance their company’s listings on the CVC’s web site with a logo and photo(s). Showcase a venue or highlight an event by including up to four images/photos with your listing in the Membership Services Directory, as well as all listings on the web site. Ask the membership staff for pricing information.
- Networking – Check out the Membership Events page to see all of the networking opportunities available to CVC members.
Interested in getting these great benefits? Join the St. Louis CVC today!
For more information call the Membership Department at 314-992-0679.