The St. Louis CVC hosts a number of events for its members throughout the year. Here are some of the highlights:
- Membership Workshop/Orientations are held three times a year. During each workshop, CVC staff give members a clear understanding of CVC member benefits and how to use them effectively, as well as CVC goals. Attendance is strongly recommended for new members and new employees at existing members’ businesses.
- Membership Connections are held twice a year at member facilities. These gatherings showcase local hotels, attractions, museums, restaurants and other sites to provide members with valuable networking opportunities. The Membership Holiday Party is held each December at America’s Center.
- Coffee with the CVC is held in neighborhoods throughout the St. Louis area. “Coffees” are designed to keep members updated on current and future activities of the CVC.
- Educational Seminars are held throughout the year and give members valuable marketing information in the areas of group tours, technology and conventions.
- Hospitality Training, held throughout the year, provides customer service introduction for frontline employees and brand awareness for all levels. These two programs, St. Lou is…Hospitality and St. Lou is…Me , taugh by our in-house trainer, can also be conducted at the member’s facility.
- The CVC Annual Meeting, held each autumn after the end of the fiscal year (July 1-June 30), highlights industry trends and significant developments impacting convention and tourism business. Sponsorships available.
- National Tourism Week takes place each May and is a collective effort to promote the power of travel in communities nationwide. The CVC celebrates with an industry luncheon and outdoor trade show in which locals are encouraged to “be a tourist” in their own town. Sponsorships available.