How to Survive Wednesday’s One Direction Concert
This Wednesday, beginning at 5 p.m. One Direction will officially be taking over the Edward Jones Dome for the their sold out show in St. Louis! The award-winning band with a worldwide following, the One Direction: Where We Are Tour is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. at the Edward Jones Dome.
Here is everything you need to know about the concert:
Street Closures, Passenger Drop Off
Beginning at 7 a.m. Wednesday, August 27 through 7 a.m. Thursday, August 28, Cole Street will be closed between 7th and Broadway. Starting at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, August 27 until midnight, Convention Plaza between 7th and Broadway will be closed.
Passenger drop off and pickup will be permitted on the west lane of Broadway with vehicle standing or parking prohibited.
When the Doors Open; Special Lounge for Parents
The doors to the Edward Jones Dome will open at 5:30 p.m. with the concert expected to end at 10:30 p.m. As a convenience for parents, the CVC will be offering a special waiting lounge for parents in the Plaza Lobby beginning at 5 p.m. until one hour after the conclusion of the concert. The lounge will feature complimentary WIFI along with several televisions, ample seating and restrooms, access to the lounge will be through the west doors of the Plaza Entrance. In addition, Levy Restaurants will be offering a limited menu of food and beverages.
Floor Seating Access
Access to the Dome floor requires a ticket for a floor seat (Section A 1-6, B 1-6 and C 1-6). Guests with tickets for these sections should enter at Entry A or B. There is no direct floor access from Entry C or D.
Large bags (larger than 11 by 17 inches); wrapped gifts; cameras with a lens longer than six inches in length; video cameras; outside food and beverage of any kind;’ laser devices; noisemakers; flashlights; fireworks; drones; any remote controlled or tethered flying objects; firearms and weapons of any kind; illegal drugs or substances; candles; flares; balloons; and any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate by management. Animals are not permitted unless they are a service animal assisting a guest with a disability.
Signs and Banners
Signs and banners must be smaller than 18 by 24 inches and may not be mounted to a pole or a stick or be commercial in nature. During the concert, signs must be hand-held and cannot be attached to or hung from any Dome surface. Signs that are deemed to be unsafe, inappropriate or are displayed in a way that interferes with the enjoyment of the concert by others will be subject to confiscation or being discarded.
- Here’s a downtown parking guide to consider for parking options.
- The Metrolink stop for the Edward Jones Dome is Convention Center. Here’s more info on the stop.
Here are some general tips for attending the One Direction concert at the Edward Jones Dome:
- Bring essentials including emergency phone numbers and a list of any medical information.
- Use the buddy system. Stay with your friends when moving throughout the Dome.
- Pick a place to meet up. Please identify a place inside and outside of the Dome to meet up in the event you become separated from your group.
- Report a problem immediately. If you need assistance, please contact a uniformed Dome staff member or police officer.
- For your safety, do not stand on the chairs or block the aisles. The aisles must remain clear to allow for unobstructed passage by others.