- This event has passed.
Fair Saint Louis Independence Day Celebration
Fair Saint Louis 2018 is set to take place on July 4, 6 and 7, and will include fun and exciting elements that fair-goers have grown to love over the 37 years of the festival including great music, food, family activities, the return of the world famous air show, and of course nationally recognized fireworks displays each evening. This year, the Fair will also include new elements and themes highlighting the historic renovations that transform the visitor experience at the Arch. Headlining entertainment for the fair includes: Jason Derulo, Martina McBride and the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra.
What You Can and Can’t Bring to Fair Saint Louis
Approved items: Blankets, small hand-held umbrellas, baby diaper bags, baby strollers and wagons, one factory-sealed water bottle up to 1 liter, an empty plastic water bottle and portable/collapsible
chairs are just some of the items allowed at Fair Saint Louis. All items are subject to inspection.
Unapproved items: Alcoholic beverages, outside food, coolers of any kind, large containers, pets, drones, professional recording and/or photography equipment and selfie sticks are a few of the items not allowed at Fair Saint Louis. For the full list of what you can and can’t bring to Fair Saint Louis, visit
www.fairsaintlouis.org/know-before-you-go. These guidelines are strictly enforced.
Parking and Transportation
A detailed transportation guide, which includes the best routes to Gateway Arch National Park and parking locations near the park, is available at fairsaintlouis.org/map-directions. A list of downtown parking locations can also be found at www.getaroundstl.com.
- Fair Saint Louis sells pre-paid parking options at $12 per day. Visit fairsaintlouis.org and click on “Pre-Paid Parking Options” at the bottom of the homepage to reserve a parking spot for any day of the Fair in one of the four select parking locations.
- MetroLink, biking and walking remain great options for getting to and from the Fair. Selfpark for bikes is available in Kiener Plaza.
- Fairgoers can catch a cab at the dedicated Taxi Stand location at the southwest corner of Market and Broadway.
- Fairgoers will be able to utilize ride sharing apps like Lyft and Uber at the southwest corner of the intersection of Chestnut and Broadway.
- Be mindful of road closures around Gateway Arch National Park at this time – Walnut Street will be closed to traffic from both I-44 and the Poplar Street Bridge.