Our photographic agreements allow Explore St. Louis to use those purchased images for the following purposes:
- Explore St. Louis publications.
- Explore St. Louis advertising (with some release restrictions and fee renegotiation).
- Explore St. Louis promotions.
- Outer market media placements (with occasional circulation restrictions according to individual photographer agreements).
- Release to convention groups and associations for promotion of their St. Louis conventions and meetings which have been booked or serviced by the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission’s Convention (Explore St. Louis) Sales division.
- Release to group tour operators, group travel leaders and travel agents for promotion of St. Louis tour packages which have been booked through the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission’s (Explore St. Louis Tourism Sales division.
The Explore St. Louis also releases a limited number of slides to member companies or non-profit civic entities for use in slide presentations which promote St. Louis as a convention, meeting, group travel or individual travel destination. Those slides may be used in audio-visual presentations which meet the criteria listed above and then must be returned to the Explore St. Louis immediately after use. They may not be duplicated or published.
For uses which do not meet the above listed criteria, the Explore St. Louis will gladly supply a list of Explore St. Louis member photographers and photo stock houses to anyone in need of photography of St. Louis. Those photographers and photo houses can provide either high quality stock images or specific images produced to meet individual photographic needs. Individual visitor attractions (e.g., the Gateway Arch, Union Station, etc.) also may occasionally release images of their sites to the public. For details, contact the attractions in which you are interested. If you have questions, please contact the PR Department.