Q in the Lou, St. Louis BBQ Festival Coming in September
Barbecue lovers will want to find their way to downtown St. Louis during the last weekend in September the new BBQ festival.
Downtown STL, Inc. and Eximius Productions today announced a sizzling new world-class barbecue festival to the heart of downtown: Q in the Lou, planned for September 25-27 at Soldiers’ Memorial.
“Our city is recognized as one of the best places in the country to enjoy fantastic barbecue. This first Q in the Lou capitalizes on that reputation to draw the very best pit masters from St. Louis and the nation to downtown for a great new event,” said Mayor Francis Slay.
Featuring nine of America’s most legendary pit masters, this FREE event will include educational seminars, fantastic local music, competitions, delicious beverages, barbecue tool demonstrations, and of course, the best barbecue in America.
A High on the Hog VIP Experience will be available for purchase and will include passes to the Pit Master Reception, access to a climate-controlled VIP tent, fast passes for food samples, and premium bar.
“Raise your forks, St. Louis! This is our block party. Q in the Lou marks St. Louis’ entry as the third point of what St. Louis barbecue legend Mike Emerson has dubbed the ‘Barbecue Triangle’ along with Memphis and Kansas City. All are river cities important in the development of this traditional American cuisine,” said Doug Woodruff, CEO of Downtown STL, Inc. “Q in the Lou is a major addition to fall festival season downtown. We can’t wait!”
The 2015 Legends of the Pit lineup includes:
- Cary Bringle Pegleg Porker (Nashville, TN)
- John David Wheeler Memphis BBQ Co. (Memphis, TN) *Four-time Memphis in May Grand Champion
- Mike Emerson Pappy’s Smokehouse (St. Louis, MO) *Memphis in May Grand Champion
- Mike Johnson Sugarfire Smoke House (St. Louis, MO)
- Brad and Brooke Orrison The Shed Barbecue and Blues Joint (Ocean City, MS) *Current Memphis in May Grand Champions
- Garry Roark Ubons Barbeque (Yazoo City, MS) *129 Top 10 Finishes
- Scott Roberts The Salt Lick Bar-B-Que (Austin, TX)
- Tom Schmidt Salt + Smoke (St. Louis, MO)
- John Stage Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (locations throughout the New York)
Unlike other barbecue events, attendees of Q in the Lou will be able to purchase barbeque made by these magnificent pit masters.
“We are excited to come to St. Louis for Q in the Lou. This is a natural draw for every Pit Master around the country as the “A-List” of local and national Pit Masters shows. Q in the Lou is a highlight on the Ubon’s calendar and we are happy to be part of extending St. Louis’ great barbeque tradition,” said Garry Roark of Ubons Barbeque in Yazoo City, Mississippi.
For more information on St. Louis’ newest festival coming this fall visit qinthelou.com