The Gateway Arch Riverboats Return To The Mississippi This Weekend
More than 50 years ago, the Becky Thatcher and the Tom Sawyer were brought to the St. Louis Riverfront to accommodate visitors and spectators wanting a closer look at the construction of the gateway arch. Today, the Riverboats are the only riverboats on the St. Louis Riverfront. As the Gateway Arch celebrates a major milestone they invite you to come aboard to enjoy a relaxing ride and experience the best view of St. Louis during one of there featured cruises.
Daily one-hour sightseeing cruises begin Saturday March 7. These narrated cruises by the National Park Service explain how the river effects and benefits the surrounding city. Tickets are $18 for adults. $8 for children ages 3-15 and children under 3-years-old are free. You can also save on the sightseeing cruise ticket when you purchase a Journey to the Top ticket. $3 off adult, $2 off child
In addition to the Daily one-hour sightseeing cruises, visitors can experience the skyline of downtown St. Louis while enjoying food and music during a variety of specialty cruises including:
- Skyline Dinner Cruises – Experience the St. Louis skyline at night while enjoying a delicious buffet dinner and live music.
- Sunday Brunch Cruises – Relax and take in the sights along the mighty Mississippi while savoring a delectable brunch buffet accompanied by the upbeat sounds of a live Dixieland band.
- Lock-N-Dam Cruises – Journey to the mouth of the Missouri river and experience the passage through the massive Mississippi lock system, while enjoying a buffet and live banjo band.
- Blues Cruises – Enjoy the area’s most popular blues bands on Thursday evenings in the summer.
- Kimmswick Cruises – Cruise to the quaint river town of Kimmswick, Missouri, and enjoy historic homes, shops and lunch at the famous Blue Owl Restaurant & Bakery.
- Oktoberfest Cruises – Experience the excitement of this annual German celebration featuring a live German band and authentic German buffet.
- Majic 100.3 FM Cruises – Come out for a late night party with a Majic 100.3FM radio personality.
- Halloween Costume Party Cruise – Show off your best costume in our costume contest all while enjoying a DJ, light hors d’oeuvres, cash bar and of course Halloween decorations and candy!
- New Year’s Eve Cruises – Ring in the New Year with a view of the magnificent St. Louis skyline, while enjoying a delicious sit-down dinner, open bar, DJ entertainment and champagne at midnight.
Reservations are required to ride the Riverboats and can be made by calling 877-982-1410 or by visiting ticketsforthearch.com. For additional information on the 2015 schedule for the Gateway Arch River Boats visit: www.gatewayarch.com