Hear this Week – Live Music in St. Louis December 25 – 31
The Peanuts said it best: Christmas Time Is Here. Get out with family and friends and relax with these Bands of Note:
Monday, December 25 – It’s here. Enjoy the music you make in your home – Christmas concerts by family and friends are always nice, as are singalongs with your favorite holiday CD. Otherwise, your house of worship is surely pulling out all the stops for the music at its service. Anytime, free.
Tuesday, December 26 – Christmas ain’t over until the Trans-Siberian Orchestra sez it’s over, and they are performing their “Ghosts of Christmas Eve” show tonight, so there. At the Scottrade Center. 3 & 8 pm, $37–$74.
Wednesday – Friday, December 27-29 – Our local hero who continues to gain national attention, Pokey LaFarge, plays two special shows at Off Broadway. His original tunes masterfully arranged in older Americana styles are always a good time. Doors open at 7 pm, $25.
Sunday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve!
- For a mellow evening, our own light jazz/pop stylist Erin Bode is performing at Cyrano’s Café & Wine Bar in Webster Groves. 5 pm, no cover.
- Off Broadway is hosting a NYE Michael Jackson Dance Party featuring the Voodoo Players. How fun is that? 9 pm, $25.
- The Pageant features New Year’s Eve with El Monstero, the local Pink Floyd tribute band. 8:30 pm, the package is $125.
- Go jazzy! Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel is putting on a 1920s Prohibition New Year’s Eve Party featuring music from Sarah Jane and the Blue Notes plus some great (but not so 1920s) DJs. 7 pm, packages range from $100 to $350.
- Go Big: Ballpark Village! Featuring DJ Dynamix. Starts at 7 pm, packages range from $75 to $110.
What the Locals Know: Picasso’s Coffee up in St. Charles has an open mic night every Thursday. Now that you got that new guitar for Christmas, head there tonight! 7 pm, no cover.
Music Note of Note: WalletHub ranks St. Louis as the eighth best city in the country to celebrate New Year’s Eve (Las Vegas is 10th!). We know it’s because of the amazing amount and diversity of live music we have.