Hear this Week – Live Music in St. Louis January 15 – 20
Here’s our special “The Art of Live Festival” edition of the blog as one of our growing live music events gets better every year. Here are just a few highlights of that and other Bands of Note:
The Art of Live Festival sez a $50 wristband gets you in to three venues (Old Rock House, Off Broadway, and The Ready Room) and all 20-plus bands. Or you can buy individual tickets. Doors open at 7 pm all three places.
Thursday, January 18
- Rayland Baxter, Off Broadway, doors open at 7 pm, $12.
- Cuco & Helado Negro, the Ready Room, $15.
- Hinds with Middle Class Fashion, the Old Rock House, $16.
Friday, January 19
- Bruiser Queen + Tristen, Off Broadway, doors open at 7; $10.
- The Knuckles, the Ready Room, $12.
- … and if you can only hit one of these, shows go see festival headliner Lee Ann Womack, Old Rock House, $30.
Saturday, January 20
- Jason Boland and John D Hale Band, Off Broadway, doors up at 7, $20.
- Diane Coffee and Ratboys, the Ready Room, $10.
What the Locals Know: Local singer/songwriter Steve Peron hosts a great open mic night every Tuesday night at the Wolf where the sign up starts at 6. No cover.
Music Note of Note: The Art of Live Festival is inspired by a James Michener quote: “The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he’s always doing both.”