Six Flags St. Louis Introduces Justice League: Battle for Metropolis
In 2015, guests at Six Flags St. Louis will become members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team, and engage in a full-sensory journey as they battle alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen. Traveling in six-passenger vehicles, riders must outsmart Lex Luthor and The Joker and save the city of Metropolis.
“Introducing a dark ride that combines this level of technology and the popular DC Comics brand will bring an unmatched, interactive experience to our guests in 2015,” stated Tom Iven, senior vice president of U.S. park operations for Six Flags. “The addition of JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is another example of our company’s commitment to delivering new and innovative thrills in every park, every year.”
JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS will feature:
- An interactive queue line and loading area where guests will receive instructions, 3D glasses and a stun gun to stop the bad guys.
- A storyline that unfolds with Lex Luthor and The Joker hacking into BATMAN’s computer system and uncovering vital information that exposes vulnerability in the JUSTICE LEAGUE’s defenses. Riders will fight alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN to save the world from being infected with The Joker’s special laughing gas.
- A nexus of new technologies to put guests right in the center of this interactive battle.
- Lifelike animatronic super heroes designed by Sally Manufacturing, the industry leader in darkrides.
- 3D graphics and film produced by Pure Imagination, the gurus of Computer Generated Imagery.
- Robust gaming elements by Alterface, renowned for their work in site-based interactive game play.
- First-of-its-kind, fully programmable, multi-DOF (degree-of-freedom) vehicles that will transport guests through all the exciting twists and turns designed by Oceaneering.
See for yourself what it’s like to ride through the streets of Metropolis to rescue the superheroes!
Six Flags St. Louis has also started selling 2015 Season Pass sales with a limited time offer through Labor Day featuring the lowest prices of the year on 2015 Passes. August 28 through September 1, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass when two or more Passes are purchased.