Live Music in St. Louis – Hear This Week: Dec 31 – Jan 4
New Year’s Eve edition! Kick in the New Year and beyond with these Bands of Note:
Live Music in St. Louis
Tuesday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve!
- West End Grill & Pub with the Gaslight Theater has various dinner and party options starting at 5 pm, and at 10 pm the Wire Pilots take the stage playing original works drawing from world/jazz and pop music. $35–$85.
- Off Broadway is hosting its traditional end-of-year party, so have a very Voodoo Grateful Dead New Year’s Eve here. 9 pm, $15.
- The Hyatt Regency is inviting you to a huge party under the Arch. This “Ultimate Celebration” has multiple packages including overnight accommodations and live rock and R&B by Broseph and Groovethang. 5pm, from $169 to $369.
- Delmar Hall has a bit mellower offering as the Yonder Mountain String Band with special guests Old Salt Union perform. Doors open at 7 pm, $70.
- Evangeline’s is hosting four great acts along with a full menu and a complimentary appetizer buffet and believe it or not, no cover! “Dress for fun” they say. 6 pm, Amy Hawkins Band; 7:15, Tracey and the Trainwrecks; 8:30, the Fiddly Bits; 9:45, Janet Evra Band; and 11 pm, the PanderKnots.
Friday, January 3 – St. Louis loves its roots/alt country bands, and Clusterpluck has definitely become one of the most popular ones. They play tonight at Broadway Oyster Bar. 10 pm, $8.
Saturday, January 4 – Out at the Wolf Café in Ballwin, the Wayward Souls perform. 7 pm, no cover.
What the Locals Know: Those in the know are grateful for the Kranzberg Arts Foundation for offering so many great spaces for interesting music. A newer one is Sophie’s Artist Lounge, a cozy, hip space above a theater in Midtown St. Louis’ Grand Center Arts District. Oh and look – they are celebrating the last night of the year with an Afrosexycool party. 9 pm, $20–$125.
Music Note of Note: WalletHub has ranked St. Louis as the eighth best city in the country to celebrate New Year’s Eve (Las Vegas is 10th!). We know it’s because of the amazing amount and diversity of live music we have.