For information on exploring St. Louis for your media outlet, contact Public Relations via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (314) 421-1023.
Please send written requests (via mail, fax, or e-mail) at least four weeks before your departure. Please include the following:
- Assignment details on original letterhead, signed by your editor, publisher, assignment editor or news director.
- If writing for print, include the name of the publication, how frequently it is published (daily, weekly or monthly), its circulation and the expected publication date of your article.
- If working for a broadcast, include the name of the program, audience numbers and expected time and date of broadcast.
- When you plan to visit and your proposed itinerary.
- Your contact information.
- The number of people traveling on assignment and their names. (Explore St. Louis cannot accommodate a spouse or partner unless he/she is officially assigned to the same story and we cannot accommodate children on press trips).
- The number of rooms requested (single or double, smoking or non-smoking).
- Please let us know if a specific type of accommodation is critical to the story you’re working on (bed-and-breakfast, hotel).
- Please be aware that accommodations cannot always be secured at a complimentary or discounted media rate due to high season, holidays or conventions. In that case, you will have to pay the applicable lodging costs.
- Please let us know if the lodging properties where you stay will be mentioned in the story or receive credit at the end of the broadcast.
- Explore St. Louis does not provide complimentary airfare, meals, ground transportation, tour guides or translators. We assess requests on an individual basis but cannot guarantee assistance will be provided on a complimentary basis.
Giving us as much information as possible will help expedite your request and help us assist you with your specific story needs. We can advise you on your itinerary, let you know what’s new and suggest places to go and contacts to talk to.
Public Relations Department
Explore St. Louis
701 Convention Plaza, Suite 300
Saint Louis, Mo 63101