National Media Shine Spotlight on St. Louis in 2021
See and do what they recommend – all thanks to the behind-the-scenes work of Explore St. Louis.
Sure, we’re known for the arch, a world-class zoo, and one of the world’s largest Mardi Gras celebrations, but there’s more to St. Louis that we like to toot our horn about. Or, to let others toot theirs about us. During 2021, high praise of our incredible tourism amenities was bestowed on our region by national travel writers from Time, Good Housekeeping, The Daily Beast, Forbes and Fodor’s Travel, to name just a few.
This great press is made possible by Explore St. Louis routinely pitching and hosting travel writers and bloggers in collaboration with tourism partners throughout the community. This pointed effort and the resulting placements are by design and intent, helping to build St. Louis’ national reputation.
For your reading enjoyment, following are ten of our favorite placements earned in 2021:
- World’s Greatest Places 2021 – Time Magazine
- You’ve Probably Skipped This Midwest City – and It’s Your Loss – The Daily Beast
- St. Louis Surprises With Art And Soul – Forbes
- How To Spend A Day Supporting Black-Owned Businesses In St. Louis – Travel Noire
- The Best U.S. Cities to Visit at Christmas – Conde Nast Traveler
- 9 Reasons to Drive to St. Louis – Thrillist
- 11 Spring Break Destinations for Grown-Ups – Conde Nast Traveler
- St. Louis Stays Busy (and Safe) with Events During the Pandemic – MPI
- St. Louis Sets New Bar at USA Gymnastics Team Trials – Connect Meetings
- 1,2,3 St. Louis Missouri Destination Guide – Hotels Above Par
Check out the full list of St. Louis in the News.