25 Things To Do In St. Louis
There’s so much to see and do in St. Louis, we thought we’d start you out with a few “must-see options.”
- Ride to the top of the Gateway Arch, towering 630-feet over the Mississippi River.
- Visit an artistic oasis in the heart of downtown. Citygarden offers a vibrant blending of lush plantings and internationally renowned sculpture.
- Explore Forest Park’s 1,300 acres of lakes, walking paths and attractions.
- Drive Old Route 66 and visit some of the “Mother Road’s” most fascinating stops.
- Enjoy world-class free attractions, including the Art Museum, Zoo, Science Center, Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Grant’s Farm, and the Missouri History Museum.
- Marvel at the Missouri Botanical Garden, one of the world’s top public gardens.
- Free your inner child at the Magic House, City Museum and other kid-friendly attractions.
- Visit an ancient Indian civilization at Cahokia Mounds.
- Cheer for the MLB’s Cardinals and NHL’s Blues.
- Count the mosaics at the breathtakingly beautiful Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis.
- Flirt with Lady Luck at one of the area’s many casinos including: Lumière Place, Hollywood Casino St. Louis, Ameristar Casino St. Charles, the Casino Queen and River City Casino.
- Experience live blues music in one of the dozens of area clubs and taverns.
- Get your motor running at the Museum of Transportation or the Moto Museum.
- Visit the heart of St. Louis through our friendly and charming neighborhoods.
- Take in the art at Laumeier Sculpture Park, the Contemporary Art Museum, the Pulitzer Arts Foundation and The Sheldon Concert Hall, Ballroom & Art Galleries.
- Re-discover your heritage at the Old Courthouse, The Griot Museum of Black History, and Faust Historic Village.
- Visit the world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales at the Anheuser-Busch Brewery.
- Satisfy your taste buds at any of our hundreds of one-of-a-kind restaurants.
- Fill an extra suitcase during a shopping trip through major malls and antique and collectible stores.
- Attend one of St. Louis’ fascinating fairs or festivals.
- Explore the final frontier at the Science Center’s Space Sciences Center or the Challenger Learning Center.
- Get an adrenaline rush on the world-class roller coasters and thrill rides at Six Flags St. Louis.
- Play Scott Joplin’s ragtime tunes at the composer’s historic home.
- Talk to the animals at Grant’s Farm, Purina Farms, the Endangered Wolf Center, the World Bird Sanctuary and, of course, the Saint Louis Zoo.
- Cruise the mighty Mississippi on the Tom Sawyer or Becky Thatcher paddle wheeler.
Your readers should call 1-800-916-0037 (USA and Canada) or 1-314-421-1023 for a free copy of the Official St. Louis Visitors Guide or point, click and explore St. Louis online.
MEDIA NOTE: For more information or photography of St. Louis, send an e-mail. For up-to-date information about St. Louis, your readers should call Explore St. Louis at 1-800-916-0037 or check out our website.