Five Things You Might Not Know About St. Louis Sweetheart Jenna Fischer
FIVE THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ST. LOUIS SWEETHEART JENNA FISCHER
Explore St. Louis’ ‘In the Know’ Campaign Highlights Fischer’s Favorite Family-Fun St. Louis Spots
ST. LOUIS (Nov. 7, 2019) – Explore St. Louis is pleased to announce that Jenna Fischer, Emmy-nominated actress, co-host of the immensely popular “Office Ladies” podcast, and St. Louis sweetheart, is the next celebrity to star in its award-winning ‘In the Know’ advertising campaign.
Here are five things you might not know about Jenna Fischer:
- She grew up visiting the Muny Opera Theater with her family—inspiring her love for musical theater.
- She’s always wanted to be an actress. In fact, in college she worked at the Lemp Mansion’s murder mystery dinner theater.
- There are three things that are must-haves when she comes home to St. Louis: toasted ravioli, Imo’s pizza and Ted Drewes frozen custard.
- Most of her family still lives in St. Louis, including her parents and sister.
- When making the three-day trip to Hollywood to follow her dreams, she brought along her cat Andy.
“St. Louis is home,” said Fischer. “This is a great city to explore with your kids; it’s got everything from attractions to sports to entertainment, it really is the whole package.”
Fischer donated her compensation towards a scholarship fund at Nerinx Hall High School, the private girls’ high school she attended, and credits for helping shape who she is today.
“Nerinx empowered me and gave me a voice. The education I received there was invaluable, and I want to give that experience to other women,” added Fischer.
Explore St. Louis’ ‘In the Know’ campaign debuted in 2017 and is a series of spots featuring St. Louis celebrities to promote tourism. Jenna Fisher joins famous personalities proud to call St. Louis home, including Sterling K. Brown, John Goodman, Jenifer Lewis, Andy Cohen, Jackie Joyner-Kersee and Becky Sauerbrunn.
To view the commercials and learn more about the ‘In the Know’ marketing campaign, including a behind-the-scenes interview with Jenna Fischer, visit explorestlouis.com/InTheKnow. Stay tuned in the coming months as Explore St. Louis debuts even more ‘In the Know’ spots featuring well-known St. Louis-proud celebrities.
About Explore St. Louis
Explore St. Louis is the driving force behind St. Louis’ $5.8 billion convention and tourism industry, the official destination marketing organization of St. Louis City and County and operator of the America’s Center Convention Complex.