St. Louis Tourism Facts
- St. Louis hosts more than 25.88 million visitors each year.
- Visitors spend $5.38 billion in St. Louis each year.
- More than 88,000 St. Louis-area residents are employed in the hospitality industry.
- The St. Louis region has 38,000 hotel rooms, 8,000 of which are located within a mile of America’s Center, St. Louis’ downtown convention facility.
- Leisure visitors spent an average of $801 per travel party (3.1 people) during their stay in St. Louis and average 2.7 nights per trip.
- Average Number in Travel Party: 3.1
- Travel Parties Including Children:45%
- St. Louis offers more free major attractions than anyplace outside of the nation’s capital including the Saint Louis Zoo, Saint Louis Art Museum, Saint Louis Science Center, Missouri History Museum, Anheuser-Busch InBev Brewery, the Old Courthouse, Cahokia Mounds, Laumeier Sculpture Park, Lewis & Clark State Historic Site, Purina Farms and the Grant’s Farm animal preserve.
- According to a recent survey visitors cited the “variety of things to see and do” as their main reason for coming to St. Louis.
- Tourism generates $1 billion in local, state and federal taxes annually.
Your readers should call 1-800-916-0037 (USA and Canada) or 1-314-421-1023 for a free copy of the Official St. Louis Visitors Guide or point, click and explore St. Louis online.
MEDIA NOTE: For more information or photography of St. Louis, send an e-mail. For up-to-date information about St. Louis, your readers should call Explore St. Louis at 1-800-916-0037 or check out our website.