Visit Maryland Heights, St. Louis’ backyard, is centrally located and the perfect place to stay and play when visiting the area. With 22 hotels, 4,000 hotel rooms and central location, Maryland Heights is a great home base for your St. Louis vacation.
Try your luck at the all-new Hollywood Casino where tasty restaurants and the Boogie Nights ‘70s and ‘80s-themed dance club join exciting gaming floor action. Or, enjoy a concert under the stars at 20,000-seat Hollywood Casino Amphitheater, home to the nation’s biggest touring acts from spring through fall.
At Westport Plaza, just minutes from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, hotels and restaurants surround the lively Funny Bone comedy club, a theater and music venues in the charming Swiss-style village setting. For more information on West Port Plaza visit www.westportstl.com or call (314) 576-7100.
Creve Coeur Park offers paved walking and biking trails around a scenic 320-acre stocked lake. Kayak, canoe, paddleboard and bike rentals are available, and plenty of playgrounds and picnic shelters provide shaded rest areas. Annual park events include the Dragon Boat Festival and a variety of walks and runs. The Go Ape zip line zooms adventurous visitors along the park’s canopy of trees. Find out more about Creve Couer Park or call 314-330-4692.
For indoor fun in Maryland Heights, reach for the top of the man-made rock walls at the Upper Limits rock climbing gym or play in the arcade-lover’s wonderland at Dave and Busters.
Ten Things To Do in Maryland Heights
- Enjoy time on the water in with a kayak, canoe or paddle board from Creve Coeur Lake Rentals. If you prefer dry land, quadricycles and bicycles are a fun way to get around the scenic lake path
- Go Ape Adventure Course is made up of numerous rope ladders, 39 exciting crossings including the Double Stirrups, Talloires Crossing, Flying Carpet and Spider’s Web, two Tarzan swings and five zip lines. Located in Creve Coeur Park, it’s Missouri’s first treetop adventure course.
- The Historic Aircraft Restoration Museum, located at Creve Coeur Airport, is dedicated to restoring and preserving historical aircraft. The airplanes in the collection are all fabric-covered and most are biplanes from the “Golden age of flight.”
- Hollywood Casino Amphitheater is a premier outdoor concert venue committed to providing the best live musical entertainment experience. Open seasonally.
- Hollywood Casino St. Louis features 502 premium upgraded, luxury rooms and suites; seven distinctive and delicious restaurants; 8,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and banquet space; a 125,000 sq. ft. gaming floor with more than 21,000 fun and exciting slot machines, and 59 table games.
- Upper Limits is a professional, high-quality climbing gym that exceeds standards set by the industry, providing an enjoyable environment for the community to experience climbing.
- Big Baby Q is focused on bringing the freshest and tastiest barbecue, smoked long and slow with oak and cherry woods. An intimate carry-out/neighborhood Q joint. Open Tue.–Fri. until 6 p.m. or sold out; Sat., 11 a.m.–4 p.m. or sold out.
- Companion has been making craft breads and pastries since they pulled their first baguette from their stone oven in late 1993. By focusing on the 4Cs – their Companions, Customers, Community and Company – they have built a small bakery with strong reputation for doing things right. The West St. Louis Campus is the home of their new baking facility, café, baking school and event space.
- Founded in 2000, O’Fallon Brewery brews a wide variety of hand-crafted ales and specialty beers. The O’Bar grill and tap room features award-winning specialty beers and creative menu selections designed with the beer lover in mind.
- The Playhouse at Westport Plaza is an intimate 240-seat theater nestled in Westport Plaza. The Playhouse offers performances year-round.