St. Louis Kids
Have fun with the whole family
St. Louis has plenty of kid-friendly, family-oriented activities, that kids of all ages will enjoy. Whether it’s Critter Stuff like an animal encounter or trip to the Zoo, Fun Stuff including amusement and water parks, Wacky Stuff to explore, Artsy Stuff where you can dig in and get your hands dirty or Smart Stuff that combines entertainment and education – you can find something just right for your family in St. Louis.
Plus, lots of places are FREE. Yep, you won’t have to break the piggy bank to have a great time in St. Louis and you’ll probably run out of time before you run out of things to do and see!
Second Grade Students Develop Ultimate St. Louis Tour
The St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission (CVC) recently presented MICDS with the challenge of answering the question, “Why should we come to St. Louis/What is special about St. Louis?”. Students were asked to create a “kid generated tour” of St. Louis landmarks full of informative, creative, and entertaining activities kids can do while visiting. Working in small groups to develop a detailed plan of their tour students came up with well known St. Louis landmarks including the Gateway Arch, Butterfly House, Jewel Box, City Museum, Fox Theatre, Powell Hall, Science Center, the Zoo, Old Courthouse and Sheldon Hall. A tour was developed based upon the student’s presentations and activities
- Group 1: Sheldon Hall Concert Hall, Ballroom & Art Galleries: musical arts activity
- Group 2: Historic Old Courthouse: clay sculpture activity
- Group 3: The Fabulous Fox Theatre: board game – tic tac toe activity
- Group 4: City Museum: facts & tour activity
- Group 5: Saint Louis Science Center: making ice cream and orange soda activity
- Group 6: Jewel Box: wedding game activity
- Group 7: St. Louis Symphony, Powell Hall: ghost hunting activity
- Group 8: Gateway Arch at the Core of Discovery: I spy activity
- Group 9: The Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House: Scavenger hunt activity
The places that were selected from student’s presentations for the ultimate St. Louis tour were the Butterfly House, Jewel Box, the Zoo, Science Center, Old Courthouse, Arch, City Museum, Fox Theatre, Powell Hall, and Sheldon Hall. The St. Louis CVC really enjoyed working with the students at MICDS developing this ultimate St. Louis tour for Kids.