The Future of America's Center
A $210 million expansion and facelift is in the works for the America’s Center Convention Complex in downtown St. Louis. The plans for AC Next Gen include improved and redesigned exhibit space, a new approx. 61,000 square foot ballroom which opens to a ground level outdoor pavilion, enhancement of the Washington Avenue entrance, more than twice the number of loading docks for access to the exhibit space, and other improvements to meet the needs of today’s events. Contact our sales team today to find out why St. Louis and America’s Center are the perfect fit for your group today, and into the future.
61,000 sq. ft. ballroom and redesigned exhibit space
Enhanced ventilation and filtration system
GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation
World-class attractions, dining and nightlife
Hybrid meeting broadcast stage
2X the number of loading docks
Outdoor gathering space
67,000-seat domed stadium
About the Project
- Redesigned and enhanced exhibit space, which changes the exhibit hall layout of the Complex allowing the facility to host larger events.
- An estimated 61,000 square feet signature multi-purpose ballroom and meeting area with 20,000 square feet prefunction event space for clients, positioning St. Louis dominantly in its competitive set.
- Expanded and enhanced loading docks, doubling the existing capacity, that will all be enclosed to enhance access and aesthetics of the building and surrounding areas.
- 22,000 square feet of new support space to improve service access to current and new exhibit halls and ballrooms.
- An outdoor pavilion to serve the needs of convention attendees and improve the convention center district ambiance for residents and area workers as well.
- Refurbishment of the central Washington Avenue entrance, which serves as St. Louis’ front door for the hundreds of thousands of event attendees who visit the Complex.
- The Dome will remain a flexible multi-purpose venue for meeting planners and other clients hosting large-scale events and activities.
Enhanced Washington Avenue Entrance
The front door of America’s Center on Washington Ave. will have a refreshed modern look with a new canopy, LED lighting and touchless entry creating a warm, comfortable arrival experience.
61,000 Sq. Ft. Grand Ballroom
A signature component of the project is a state-of-the-art, 61,000 SF grand ballroom, among the largest in the country. With a 32 ft. ceiling and column-free design, color changing LED fixtures and beautifully designed carpeting and wall coverings, this space will be ideal for general sessions and award programs.
Banquet Kitchen for Grand Ballroom
The Grand Ballroom is supported by a 14,000 SF banquet kitchen capable of serving at least 6,000 meals, which will also provide catering support for the Junior Ballroom and meeting rooms. VIPs will enjoy the elegant tasting room and fully equipped green room for speakers.
Directly to the west of the Grand Ballroom is a 20,000 SF sunlit prefunction lobby with windowed glass leading to a new west entry and outdoor plaza.
A new 80,000 SF green plaza with tiered amphitheater type benches ideal for gatherings large and small. The green space fits the needs of meeting groups and improves the convention center district ambiance for residents and area workers.
New Exhibit Hall
A new 72,000 SF exhibit hall featuring windows that can allow natural daylight, or be blacked out, providing an inviting and refreshing atmosphere. The new hall is accessed from the 9th Street Concourse and new MLK lobby both infused with light and tall ceilings.
Expanded & Enhanced Loading Docks
Expanded and enclosed loading docks doubling the existing capacity while enhancing the center’s aesthetics and concealing trucks.
Redesigned & Enhanced Exhibit Space
Redesigned and enhanced exhibit space, which changes the exhibit hall layout of the complex allowing the facility to host larger events.
Flexible Multi-Purpose Dome Stadium
The 67,000-seat Dome will remain a flexible multi-purpose venue for organizers hosting large-scale events and activities.