The Future of America's Center
A $240 million expansion and facelift is underway at the America’s Center Convention Complex in downtown St. Louis and is scheduled to be completed in early 2024. The plans for AC Next Gen include a new 72,000 square foot exhibit hall, an outdoor gathering space, enhancement of the Washington Avenue entrance, more than twice the number of loading docks for access to the exhibit space, and other improvements to meet the needs of today’s events. Contact our sales team today to find out why St. Louis and America’s Center are the perfect fit for your group today, and into the future.
New 72,000 sq. ft. exhibit hall
GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation
Outdoor gathering space
2X the number of loading docks
Hybrid meeting broadcast stage
Enhanced ventilation and filtration system
67,000-seat dome stadium
World-class attractions, dining and nightlife
AC Next Gen Project Updates
About the Project
- A new 72,000 square foot exhibit hall, which changes the exhibit hall layout of the Complex allowing the facility to host larger events.
- Expanded and enhanced loading docks, doubling the existing capacity, that will all be enclosed to enhance access and aesthetics of the building and surrounding areas.
- An outdoor gathering space to serve the needs of convention attendees and improve the convention center district ambiance for residents and area workers as well.
- Refurbishment of the central Washington Avenue entrance, which serves as St. Louis’ front door for the hundreds of thousands of event attendees who visit the Complex.
- The Dome will remain a flexible multi-purpose venue for meeting planners and other clients hosting large-scale events and activities.
Enhanced Washington Avenue Entrance
The front door of America’s Center on Washington Ave. will have a refreshed modern look with a new canopy, LED lighting and touchless entry creating a warm, comfortable arrival experience.
Outdoor Gathering Space
A new outdoor gathering space to serve the needs of convention attendees and improve the convention center district ambiance for residents and area workers as well.
New Exhibit Hall
A new 72,000 SF exhibit hall featuring windows that can allow natural daylight, or be blacked out, providing an inviting and refreshing atmosphere. The new hall is accessed from the 9th Street Concourse and new MLK lobby both infused with light and tall ceilings.
Expanded & Enhanced Loading Docks
Expanded and enclosed loading docks doubling the existing capacity while enhancing the center’s aesthetics and concealing trucks.
Adjacent to the new exhibit space, a food farm will grow fresh produce, which our in-house caterer, Levy Restaurants, will use to serve delegates.
Flexible Multi-Purpose Dome Stadium
The 67,000-seat Dome will remain a flexible multi-purpose venue for organizers hosting large-scale events and activities.
Helpful Links & Resources
Find out more about America’s Center Convention Complex and the downtown St. Louis hotel package.