Bustling America’s Center and Dome Muscling Up for Summer
For Immediate Release
BUSTLING AMERICA’S CENTER AND DOME MUSCLING UP FOR SUMMER
Upcoming conventions and meetings will provide plenty of economic sizzle for St. Louis region
ST. LOUIS (June 27, 2016) – With summer heating up, business at the America’s Center and Dome continues to sizzle with a number of upcoming convention and meetings expected to have a multi-million dollar impact for the St. Louis region.
“It’s no secret that St. Louis is a top-tier destination for convention and meeting groups and we are excited to welcome a number of economically impactful events to the America’s Center and Dome this summer,” said Kathleen ‘Kitty’ Ratcliffe, president of Explore St. Louis. “As the Southern Baptist Convention showed, conventions and meetings remain a strong economic engine for our entire region.”
With over 13,000 attending, the recently concluded Southern Baptist Convention generated an estimated $12.5 million in direct spending while serving as a springboard to another busy summer at the America’s Center and Dome. Over the next two months, the America’s Center and Dome will host a variety of conventions and meetings that will generate an estimated 51,000 attendees generating a combined $41 million in direct spending economic impact for the St. Louis region.
As the summer unfolds, the following is a look at 10 conventions and meetings coming to the America’s Center Convention Complex:
- ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers) – June 25-29.
- Moose International Inc. – July 1-5.
- REACH (International Churches of Christ) – July 6-10.
- Netroots Nation – July 13-16.
- FBI National Academy Association – July 23-26.
- Reliv – July 28-30.
- International Association for Food Protection – July 31–Aug. 3.
- Younique Products – Aug. 4-6.
- Tastefully Simple – Aug. 11-13.
- Medicaid Enterprise Systems – Aug. 15-18.
Explore St. Louis is the driving force behind St. Louis’ $5 billion convention and tourism industry, the official destination marketing organization of St. Louis City and County and operator of the America’s Center Convention Complex.
# # #